West Linn Inn
The West Linn Inn was constructed in 1918 to house workers imported as strikebreakers by the paper mill operators when regular mill employees tried to organize a union. Workers living at the Inn did not have to cross the picket line.
The Inn became a major gathering place for residents of West Linn. The Inn had 85 rooms, a restaurant, and a bowling alley in the basement. During World War II, the Inn was used as a dormitory fo men from all over the country who were brought in to help keep the mill running. The Inn was closed in the 1970's, but the restaurant continued to operate unti 1982 and the building was soon demolished.